How can we help our students maintain a healthy spiritual walk with God?
- Daily teacher prayer meetings. We pray for each student by name throughout the school year. This sets the tone for the day.
- Daily Bible classes. Our children begin each day with God, learning from Him and about Him. Since the Bible helps them cultivate their own relationship with God, it is their most important textbook.
- Weekly chapels. Every Friday morning is a chance to worship God together as elementary or middle school grades. We highlight the character of God and how He impacts our daily life in these vital times together.
- A strong, biblical worldview. All truth is God's truth, and every facet of study ultimately finds meaning in His designed reality. We encourage our students to marvel at God's design in the STEM fields, express their creativity in the arts, and function effectively in their society as redeemed image-bearers of God.
- A clear understanding of the Gospel. Everyone has questions about eternity, and only one story can answer those questions. Our highest goal is that every student comes to know God by His grace through faith in Jesus Christ. Only then can they begin to grow in true love and character.
How will we ensure the mental stability and flourishing of our broader school family?
- Class Unity! We will be sure to maintain class unity, regardless of a student's learning model. Every student participates in class real time, and the Zoom video call is considered another seat in the class.
- Emotional check-ins: In coordination with this Class Dojo initiative, we will be gauging the stability of our students. A common question is to ask our students about their "highs" and "lows," then help them navigate their thoughts and emotions.
What health and cleaning precautions are we taking?
These arrangements will be updated as necessary:
- We are following the recommendations of the CDC and the guidance of our local authorities.
- Davily COVID Screening: Parents will fill out a daily health questionnaire before their children come to school. The school will also check temperatures upon a student's arrival at school.
- Plexiglass shields are provided for each desk, the office doorway, and between bathroom sinks.
- All school faculty and students will wear face coverings to be taken off only when directed (eating lunch, teacher-permitted breaks, etc.).
- Desks are arranged at least 3 feet apart from each other.
- Students will remain in the same classroom for the day, except for technology, P.E., and a rotation of lunch days. Middle school teachers will rotate between classrooms.
- The building will be cleaned, sanitized, and disinfected daily, including the use of electrostatic sanitizing machine. High-touch areas like doorknobs, fixtures, and dispensers will be sanitized frequently throughout the day.
- Hygiene tips and procedures will be reviewed frequently with our students.