Parents will perform temperature checks at home. Children should be kept at home if they have temperature of 100.0 F. All individuals will have their temperature checked each day upon arrival. If an individual presents a temperature of 100.0°F, the individual must be denied entry into the facility or sent directly to a dedicated area prior to being picked up or otherwise sent home.
Everyone will cover nose and mouth with an acceptable face covering when unable to maintain social distance from others.
Everyone will report symptoms of, or exposure to, COVID-19 daily using the digital Teacher Ease Covid Screening program before leaving home.
Everyone will follow hand hygiene, respiratory hygiene, and cough etiquette.
Students and staff will receive instruction in proper hand and respiratory hygiene
Visual aids will be used to illustrate traffic flow and appropriate spacing.
Windows will remain open to ventilate the building before and after students arrive and during the school day when feasible.
Hand sanitizer and tissues will be available for use by students and staff in every room and at the main entryway to the school.
Protective desk shields will be supplied for all students and office workers.
The school will be cleaned and disinfected in accordance with CDC and DOH guidance.
- Students, families, faculty, and staff will all be informed of our protocol for daily screenings via the Monday Memo, Teacher Ease, and Class Dojo..
- Teacher Ease, Class Dojo, Email will be primary methods for routine communication
- Students and employees will complete the Teacher Ease Covid Screening before entering the building each day.
- Parents were instructed how to use Teacher Ease and Class Dojo at Parent Orientation. This was recorded and appears on the school website.
- Should anyone become sick with COVID symptoms during the school day, that person will be isolated.
- Students will have a parent or guardian pick them up. Faculty and staff will be sent home. All persons will be sent to their health care provider;
- For those persons testing positive for COVID-19, they will immediately contact the school. The school will notify the Department of Health.
- Areas will be cleaned as per protocol. In the case of a positive test, students and faculty in the contact group will be notified.
- Families of students and faculty who have been in contact with a person testing positive will be notified.
- Students and employees entering the school will be verified before entering to ensure that the COVID Screening through Teacher Ease has been completed.
- At the main entrance, a stand will be placed with hand sanitizer.
- Face coverings and hand coverings will be available for children and adults.
- Office staff will regularly maintain an awareness of supply and purchase more as necessary.
- Visitor access will be limited to necessary visitors.
- Visitors will have their temperatures taken; visitors will be asked if they have been exposed to anyone with COVID-19, if they are feeling any symptoms, and if they have traveled to any places that are subject to a 14-day quarantine.
- Classroom capacity will be modified to 50%
- Students will remain 6 feet apart and may not share supplies
- Plexiglas shields will be provided for student desks
- Windows and doors will remain open as long as weather permits to increase ventilation as much as possible
- All desks will face in the same direction
- Students in grades K-3 will eat lunch in the classroom
- Students in grades 4-8 will eat lunch in the all-purpose room with social distancing of 6 foot parameters and table shields
- Specialist teachers will go to individual classrooms instead of having students go to the shared space.
- Classes will not be mixed, i.e., no combined elective classes with exceptions (see below)
- Computer Lab – keyboard/mouse will be disinfected in between classes. Hand sanitizer will be used upon entering and leaving class.
- Physical education classes - high touch surfaces will be cleaned in between classes.
- Students will engage in isolated activity or activities that do not require sharing equipment.
- Students will be distanced by 12’ during physical education and will be permitted to remove masks during this time.
- Where feasible, measures will be put in place to reduce bi-directional foot traffic
- using tape or signs with arrows in hallways, or spaces throughout the school.
- Distance markers denoting spaces of six feet will be displayed in all commonly used areas and any areas in which lines are commonly formed or people may congregate
- Plexiglas shields will protect office workers
- Plexiglas Shields will be stationed between sinks in restrooms
- Plexiglas will be placed at office door to enforce social distancing at main office; visitors will wait in the vestibule for assistance
- Classrooms and offices will be sanitized at the end of each day that students attend school
- Custodial staff will have an itemized list of cleaning responsibilities that will apply daily.
- Custodial staff will maintain a log to record the cleaning date, time and material used will be kept in the school office.
- Custodian will be notified immediately of any special attention needed in cases of suspected COVID-19 exposure.
- Staggered arrival and dismissal times
- K– 4 – 8:15 – 2:35
- 5 – 8 – 8:00 – 2:45
- Students will report to the all-purpose room upon arrival if they arrive before the start of class.
- If the all-purpose room reaches maximum capacity (with social distancing of 6’ between each student), before the scheduled start for class, the students will be taken to the classroom early.
- Transitions will be staggered
- Limited amount of students will be permitted in cafeteria to maintain proper social distancing regulations
- Daily attendance will be taken
- Parents will be notified of student absence on a daily basis
- Students will be divided into cohort groups.
- Block A – will attend school on Monday and Tuesday each week
- Block B will attend school on Wednesday and Thursday each week
- In some cases, on-site class size is small enough to accommodate all students wishing to attend school in person. These students may attend Monday – Thursday.
- All students will learn remotely on Friday.
- Chapel will be held remotely each Friday.
- Consistent with State-issued public transit guidance, individuals must wear acceptable face coverings at all times on school buses (e.g., entering, exiting, and seated), and that individuals should maintain appropriate social distancing, unless they are members of the same household.
- Parents are encouraged to drop off or walk students to school to reduce density on buses if at all possible.
- The school will notify state and local health departments immediately of any positive COVID-19 diagnostic test result by an individual within school facilities or on school grounds, including students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
- In the case of an individual testing positive confidentiality will be maintained as required by federal and state law and regulations.
- If a COVID-19 case develops the class where an individual has tested positive for COVID-19 will move to remote/virtual format until all contacts can be identified, notified, tested, and cleared.
- If a COVID19 case develops in two classes, the school will move to remote/virtual format until all contacts can be identified, notified, tested and cleared.
Flushing Christian School will provide standards-based instruction ensuring substantive daily interaction between teachers and students and clear communication about instructional plans with parents and guardians.
- Remote instruction – five days distance learning
- Hybrid of both in-person and remote instruction – 2 days on-site/3 days distance learning
- Students following the hybrid model will attend school on Monday/Tuesday or Wednesday/Thursday.
- All students will attend school remotely on Fridays. Friday will primarily be assessment day to ensure that students are staying on track and learning throughout the week. Students may have some ‘special classes in addition to assessments.
- Students learning remotely will stream classes through Zoom and participate in instruction with their classroom teacher.
- Students will receive hard copies of all textbooks
- Digital copies of most textbooks will be available.
- The hub for instruction and assignments is Google Classroom
- SETSS and Speech and Language therapy will be provided in each model for students who have IESPs
- ELL will be provided in each model for English language learners
Hygiene behavior will be communicated prior to and at school opening and reviewed at
- Parent orientation
- Faculty meetings
- Student orientation
- Regularly during the school day and as necessary.
- Daily Cleaning of high touch points
- Daily disinfecting of desks as classrooms change
- Nightly disinfecting and floor sweeping
- Electro Static Spraying evenings between Block A and B
- Electro Static spraying evenings between Block A and B and more frequently as needed
- Daily cleaning and disinfecting, floor sweeping and mopping
- Additional disinfecting as determined necessary
- Daily cleaning of high touch points e.g., door knobs, panic bars, hand rails, etc.)
- Nightly floor sweeping and disinfecting
- Students, faculty, and staff have been made aware of COVID-19 symptoms and are told not to come to school if they have these symptoms.
- Students, faculty, and staff will all be given clear instructions about symptoms, screening, and good hygiene; all of the school community will follow State Health Dept. and CDC guidelines.
- We will be able to accommodate the concerns of those people who are at high risk for infection by allowing for remote learning even when there is some in-school instruction.
- The school will continue to conduct mandatory fire and lockdown drills in a manner that maintains social distancing at exits and gathering points outside the building.
- Students will bring water bottle to school and refrain from using the drinking fountain.
- Students will not share desks, tables, supplies or other shared surfaces without cleaning and disinfection between use.
- Students will not share art supplies, scissors, writing implements, etc.