- We are committed to supporting parents as they raise disciples of Christ through sound education from a biblical worldview.
- FCS is a fully-accredited K-8th grade private school, chartered by the New York State Board of Regents. Since 1950, Flushing Christian School has served the families of our community. With an enrollment of around 135 students, our school is warm, nurturing, multi-cultural, and exhibits a family-like atmosphere that is an example of the bond we share in Christ.
Who we are:
- A nondenominational evangelical Christian school in operation since 1950
- Accredited by the Middle States Association and the Association of Christian Schools International
- Certified Teachers
- Follows New York State standards
- Administers Iowa Standardized Assessments
What we offer:
- Strong emphasis on prayer, worship and Bible memorization in school
- Safe environment with godly, qualified faculty
- Multi-ethnic student body and a warm welcome to all
- Small class sizes with an average of 15 students per classroom
- Extracurricular Sports - Volleyball and Basketball for grades 5-8.
- Electives in grades 6-8: Journalism, American Sign Language, Music Composition, Cooking, Advanced Art
- Personalized ESL Instruction
- Foreign Language: Spanish grades 1-8
- Honors Club
- Free bus service (select locations)
- Guidance counseling for graduating seniors choosing a high school
- After School Program Monday-Friday, 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM
How we learn:
- The small class sizes allow teachers to provide individualized attention for each student.
- We set high academic standards, but we are not a test-prep school. Students master the material and truly gain an understanding of each subject rather than being able to simply recall answers for a test.
- Our students benefit from both academic and cultural experiences during their time at school.
- Using paper textbooks, interactive learning, and the latest technology supplements, our students are fully prepared to live with wisdom and courage.
Where we learn:
- Our three-story facility includes bright classrooms equipped with interactive projectors
- Technology lab
- All-purpose room used for lunch, chapel and physical education and more
Students who live within a five-mile radius of the school are eligible for free bus service through the Department of Transportation. Students who live in Nassau County and reside within a 15-mile radius are also eligible. Please see our new student information.
The After School Program operates weekdays from 3:00 PM-6:00 PM. The program is structured between homework, snack and play time.
International students are welcome at Flushing Christian School. We are authorized by the Student Exchange and Visitors Program (SEVP) to issue I-20 forms.
Special Education Teacher Support Services are provided. Wev also offer speech and language services as needed.
ESL tutoring is available to improve proficiency in the English language.
FCS does not participate in NYS Standardized testing. However, the Iowa Assessment is administered to all students annually.
Class size averages 14 students, although classes may vary.
Students do not have to be Christian to attend FCS, but we encourage all of our students to receive Jesus Christ as their personal Savior. Bible study, scripture memorization and daily Bible classes are required.
Extracurricular sports begin in 6th grade. The FCS Eagles play volleyball and basketball. Our sports program focuses on building Christian character and team spirit.
Yes, students in the 6th-8th grade participate in two elective classes each week. Elective classes vary year by year and include: American Sign Language, Advanced Art, Film, Cooking, Hand Chimes, Journalism, Dramatic Reading and more.
Yes, students in grades 1-8 take Spanish language classes in our language and technology lab.