The mission of Flushing Christian School is to transform this generation through sound academic education with a distinct Christian worldview. We are committed to transferring our passion for serving Christ to our students for their benefit and for the glory of God.
The vision of Flushing Christian School is to provide a comprehensive educational facility that will accommodate a life-developing curriculum and graduate students who express a passionate faith, a biblical world view philosophy and are practitioners of true Christianity.
We believe the Scripture of the Old and New Testaments are verbally inspired by God, and are inerrant in the original writings, and that they are of supreme and final authority in faith and life. We believe in one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth and His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His future personal return in power and glory. We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful man regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation. We believe in the spiritual unity of all believers in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe in absolute truth and affirm that God is the source of all knowledge.
- Parents are the primary caretakers of their children. Flushing Christian School functions as a support system to educate children according to New York State Standards and to disciple them according to the Word of God.
- We endeavor to maintain a transparent relationship and open communication with parents regarding our policies and practices.
- We welcome contributions and ideas that will increase our effectiveness.
- We expect that our constituents will trust the wisdom and authority of the leadership of Flushing Christian School.
- Our practices in education, business, interpersonal relationships and development are in alignment with the character expected from true followers of Jesus Christ.
- The educational philosophy of Flushing Christian School is to provide a solid Christian education in a nurturing environment, directed by professional godly Christian educators.
- The desire of Flushing Christian School is that a child should be taught how to live a full and complete life to the glory of God and be a positive Christian influence in this world. The parents bear the sole responsibility for the education of their children.
- Flushing Christian School, as a Christ-centered school, is an extension of and support to the home and church in teaching spiritual and moral values, and our desire is to educate each student in all areas of academic achievement.
- Flushing Christian School is to show the student the need for a personal saving relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ.
At Flushing Christian School, our ultimate goal is to graduate students who are critical thinkers with a distinct Christian worldview. We believe it is essential that our students understand that all truth and knowledge emanates from God. We value the content and standards set by the New York State Education Department and think it is critical to generalize and apply knowledge appropriately and wisely. The expected student outcomes of Flushing Christian School are to produce graduates with a developing Christian worldview who:
- Value intellectual inquiry and acquire the art of critical thinking.
- Are academically well prepared and skilled in reading, writing, listening and speaking.
- Are proficient in STEM
- Possess knowledge of government, historical events, various people groups and cultures, and have a clear understanding of God’s overriding hand through the course of history.
- Have a developing appreciation for fine art, music and literature.
- Have a working knowledge of technology and are able to utilize resources for finding information and integrating knowledge for practical application.
- Are acquainted with the basic skills of maintaining health through physical fitness and personal care, understanding that their bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit.
- Understand that a living relationship with Jesus Christ requires knowledge of and submission to God’s word.
- Understand the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Great Commission and how to apply God’s word in daily life.
- Be able to defend their faith through logic and sound biblical principles exercising the admonition in 1 Peter 3:15, In your heart set apart Christ as Lord. Always be ready to give an answer to anyone who asks you the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.
- Understand the value of family, social relationships and the necessity of being part of a church community.
- Treat others with respect and dignity and act with honesty and integrity.
- To respect and appreciate the environment and become responsible stewards of God’s creation.
- Respect the ideas and beliefs of others without compromising their own ideas and beliefs.