Happy week off! How will you celebrate your winter break? Let us suggest one hope-giving idea.
Help your child unplug and enjoy many other activities during their break. From baking, and arts & craft fun, to the overdue cleaning out of a closet, and visiting with extended family, you can enjoy lifelong memories.
The extra time off may also mean extra screen time for our students, which can be harmful. Here are ways you can help your child use their time wisely.
Internet Safety: A Parent's Guide
- Step 1. Keep the computer in a public place
- Step 2. Review rules of computer use
- Step 3. Do not tolerate cyber-bullying
- Step 4. Know who your child talks to online
- Step 5. Don't give out personal information
Enjoy being present with your child, for it is one of God's most precious gifts to us as parents.
Want to learn more?
Explore this podcast episode with Andy Crouch, author of The Tech-wise Family:
Make Real Life Compelling, 1000 Hours Podcast
Image Credit: Kelly Sikkema | unsplash.com
Resources for Parents
Looking for resources to help you as your raise your child? Here's a great start!
Print Resources for Adults:
- The Tech-Wise Family, Andy Crouch
- Resilient Kids, Dr. Kathy Koch
- The Wisdom Pyramid, Brett McCracken
- Parenting: 14 Gospel Principles, Paul David Tripp
Print Resources for Young People:
- The Big Picture Story Bible
- Jesus Storybook Bible
- The Ology, Marty Machowski (an introduction to key Gospel themes)
- Good Pictures Bad Pictures, Kristen Jenson (helping children respond properly to inappropriate digital content)
- You Were Made to Make a Difference, Max and Jenna Lucado (Father and daughter pair up to inspire middle school hearts toward eternal living.)
- “Clubhouse” Magazines, $14.99 discount annual price
Digital Resources for Raising Children:
- DeepRoots Bible curriculum
- Axis.org; use code FCSNYC30 for a 30% organizational discount.
- Answers in Genesis
- RightNow Media
- Basecamp (video series about understanding Generation Z)
- Center for Biblical Unity (addressing racism and CRT)
- Canopy app – image filtering software
- “Celebrate Kids” (Dr. Kathy Koch, podcast)
- “Risen Motherhood” (Emily and Laura, podcast)
- “The Bible Project” (YouTube channel)
- “The Bible Thinker” (YouTube channel)